O2 micro sims being delivered tomorrow?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Caris, May 27, 2010.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

I've been using my iPad 3G all day and I'm not sure if I can stand having the words "no sim" in my menu bar for another one haha!

Im just wondering if anyone has heard when o2 are going to be delivering them (ordered direct from the o2 site) or if they are going to be available in store tomorrow?

Peace.

2. moclippa macrumors member

I received my o2 sim with my iPad. UPS guy handed me the iPad box and an envelope with my o2 sim. If you ordered them together then check the tracking on your second package (they should have given you two tracking numbers if you ordered the o2 sim as well.

3. spinstorm macrumors 68000

I got a microsim with my 3G today... But all I did was use it as template for cutting up my O2 payg mobile broadband sim.

Interestingly enough the mobile broadband sim has a smaller contact area than all my other sims INCLUDING the microsim so it was very easy to cut it to size.

Go and try and get a microsim but if you can't grab a payg mobile broadband sim and cut it down.

I am happy to pass on instructions on how to do it if you can't find any!

4. SCOTTGAZ9 macrumors regular

SCOTTGAZ9

5. dipper macrumors newbie

Just received my microSim from O2 that I ordered direct from its website. Won't activate until my payg vodafone account runs out.

6. ddk121 macrumors 6502

Just received my micro sim from o2 aswell. Preordered last Friday! :D

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

8. Caris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Caris

Got mine aswell, inget a good solid 3G service in my house on my iPad but I only get EDGE on my 3G S...

9. iPaddy macrumors 6502

10. ddk121 macrumors 6502

You need to insert the sim card into the iPad and then connect your iPad to iTunes. A window wil appear asking you to download some carrier settings, agree to download them and your done! Then on your iPad, activate cellular data and under carrier settings you will be able to buy data.