O2 MicroSIM cards in the UK

Discussion in 'iPad' started by peskaa, May 21, 2010.

1. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

So, I ordered an Orange mSIM with my iPad, planning on getting an o2 one as well for launch to cover all bases (well, minus Vodafone who suck). However, I can't seem to find a place to order one on o2's website, unlike Orange, nor any information on them.

So, anybody know where to get your hands on one? I'd like to have it in my grubby mitts for this Friday...

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

There is a press release floating round here somewhere from o2 saying avalible in stores from 28th

3. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Yes, helpfully their website is a dead-end. :eek:

Perhaps we have to make a personal visit to an O2 shop.

4. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Excellent, thanks!

I assume that page has gone up recently (as in the last 24 hours or so)?

5. peskaa thread starter macrumors 68020

peskaa

You're a genius. How on Earth did you find that? I've spent hours trawling through o2's website and Google trying to get that.

mSIM ordered!

6. jon snow macrumors member

This may be a bit off topic. I will be in the UK for about 10 days. I have an iPad 3G that I would like to be able to use while there. Can I order this micro sim, pay for the service so I have 3G while there? Thanks.

7. G.O.B macrumors member

Yeah, I can't see why that wouldn't work. Get one where you can pay for a week, and then a few individual days after. No point paying for 2 weeks or a month. It'll work out a hell of a lot cheaper than paying roaming charges.

I go to Spain a lot on holiday and as soon as it becomes available there, I'll be getting a 3G microSIM.

8. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Just ordered one, however it says to allow 14 days for delivery. Hopefully it doesn't take that long...

9. jon snow macrumors member

Thanks, I will give it a try.

10. HawkEye40 macrumors member

11. peskaa thread starter macrumors 68020

peskaa

Must have been a change just before I posted this, as I'd looked earlier this very evening!

12. ACDeag macrumors regular

O2 is really the only one you can get as Orange and Vodafone will credit check you. O2 should be similar to AT&T's in that you can control it from within the iPad, Orange and Vodafone say you have to call them to activate it each time.

13. HawkEye40 macrumors member

Thats what it initially said, but the Apple store page has been updated to say:

Select a data plan and start 3G service on your iPad.

For Vodafone, as well as O2.

14. ACDeag macrumors regular

You are right they have changed it. I suspect you are still credit checked though as it is a monthly charge and will probably face excess usage charges rather than the service just stopping if you go over the allowance. O2's will just stop working until you buy more.