Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BexXx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2010
Hi there, I have a Huaiwei E1752 modem which was originally used on a pc but I got a macbook and started using it on that. I never installed anything I just put it in the usb port and it started itself up with a small blue 'o2 broadband' icon on my desktop which loaded to the o2 interface. However, using this for a couple months, got sick of the trouble it was having starting up (it would take almost ten goes some days to get it to load the interface from the first o2 screen). So I went into o2 store and got an installation disk for the o2 software on the mac.

I installed the software, works fine, but it's different from the old way the modem would load up. Instead I get a white 'o2_connect' icon. The problem is it still keeps automatically loading up the old system - which fails a lot - and I have to manually load the new one. I can't figure out how to uninstall this old system because I never installed it to begin with and when I send it to the trash can it always returns when I plug in the modem again.

Though not a serious problem, it's rather irritating to have to go through the entire process of canceling the faulty system and switching to the new one every time I use the internet . . . If anyone knows how I can fix this I would greatly appreciate it:eek:

Kind Regards

BexXx

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I think you'll find that the modem is also a combination flash drive, so the icon that you're seeing is simply the software sitting directly on the device. Does it appear in the Dock automatically? My guess is that it doesn't until you click on it.

BexXx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2010
It loads automatically when I plug in the modem (without clicking on anything), appearing on the dock straight away too. It then comes up twice in the dock until it's finished loading the old software interface (the faulty one).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.