O2 new iphone tariffs in February? Uk

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Libitina, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Libitina macrumors 6502

Libitina

Hubby rang to ask about upgrading to the iphone a couple of weeks ago, the sales person advised him to wait until the beginning of February as new tariffs were due out for it.

Hubby has now gone somewhere 'hot and sandy' for several months with his job so is waiting until he comes back now before upgrading, but I thought the gossip/rumour may be useful for someone else thinking of getting one.

I knew I'd get him to come around to the idea of Apple eventually as he also wants a Macbook too now ;):D

2. O2-guy macrumors newbie

I think you've been given bad info. If you call back and ask again I bet you'll get a different response.

3. Libitina thread starter macrumors 6502

Libitina

Why would they put off a dead cert sale though?

As I said above, hubby is away for several months now anyway, so will see what's happened by the time he comes back.

4. O2-guy macrumors newbie

I'd guess the sales person (working on commision) had hit their monthly quota for January and would prefer you bought in February.

5. Aumz macrumors member

No new tarrifs....I say this because I have worked for O2 and still keep in touch with my friends there.

If there were new deals they would have been told about them now in a team meeting...this would have come up in conversation, as I am looking to get another iPhone.

Also aftre these meetings, that occur in all the stores when new deals are being introduced, it would have leaked onto the net as they always have done int he past..I am 100% certain of this...

6. davemanroe macrumors member

I was in an O2 store on Saturday talking to a member of staff who we know quite well about iphone upgrades / new tariffs, and they said they've not heard any rumors.

7. Libitina thread starter macrumors 6502

Libitina

Ok, thanks for the feedback guys. Makes no difference to us as he's away now for several months so has postponed his upgrade, but your comments may have helped someone else.