Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdm1985

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
Oh god what an absolute mess...this has to go down as the worst launch ever!!!!!

Nice one 02, oh and sorry Apple instead of thinkin of profits before brand the the future for long term gain...you both screw yourselves up!!

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
They had an allocation of iPhones for online upgrades.

They've suspended pre-order allocations to this allocated batch of iPhones, temporally,
to assess the amount of iPhone's pre-ordered, within the time slot, this morning.

O2 will re-open pre-order allocations for the iPhone's left, on Thursday.

O2 Retail shops and online upgrades are allocated 2 different batches of iPhones.
They have therefore only technically 'SOLD OUT', online.

R-Fly.

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Only the online allocation, think of it as a massive store, and is 1 of the 100s of O2 stores across the country each with their own allocation.

Also CPW are still in stock...

Pre-order on pay monthly today and be one of the first to own one. Free delivery on 11th July.

Pre-orders will be delivered on the 11th July. Orders will be sent to the address at which you were credit checked. Any required payment for the device must be paid upfront at the point of pre-order.

As will O2 stores at 8.02am 11.7.08, for how long after that who knows...

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
Just been in to my local CPW, spoke to the manager about the iphone on Friday and weather they would get any in and would i need to be at the door at 07:00 to be in with a chance. He laughed at me and said "you Apple geeks are funny" He is opening at 09:00, not 07:00, I am the first customer to even mention the iphone2 to him, he is getting 20 8GB iphones on Friday no 16GB until next week. He said he would not be surprised if I'm the only person buying an iPhone on Friday and fully expects his stock to last until the next delivery.

Gamst

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2008
Manchester, U.K.
Just been in to my local CPW, spoke to the manager about the iphone on Friday and weather they would get any in and would i need to be at the door at 07:00 to be in with a chance. He laughed at me and said "you Apple geeks are funny" He is opening at 09:00, not 07:00, I am the first customer to even mention the iphone2 to him, he is getting 20 8GB iphones on Friday no 16GB until next week. He said he would not be surprised if I'm the only person buying an iPhone on Friday and fully expects his stock to last until the next delivery.

So we STILL don't know if shops are going to have the 16GB or are they still being a bit 'thick'?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.