o2 Pay as you go + Unlimited Web Bolt On - Will it work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by havenhamilton, Sep 28, 2009.

1. havenhamilton macrumors 6502

I'll be traveling to London in a month and would like to use my phone for maps and checking email. Will this o2 plan work with my iPhone? The site says the data will work with a blackberry.

2. helix21 macrumors regular

Should do really. I currently have an N95 with an unlimited web addon and it works seamlessly. But i never had/noticed the blackberry bit

3. havenhamilton thread starter macrumors 6502

The issue is the iPhone is constantly using data so I think that might be a problem. It says without "excessive" use. I wonder what the limit is.

4. t0mm macrumors regular

It will work fine :)

5. havenhamilton thread starter macrumors 6502

Awesome, have you tried it?

6. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

If your phone is locked to another network like AT&T, it will not work with an O2 SIM card.

For it to work in that case, you will need to be on 3.0 or 3.0.1, and to have jailbroken your phone and installed ultrasn0w. If you're already on 3.1 then you will not be able to do this.

If you're from a country that sells "factory unlocked" iPhones and you have one of those, then yes you'll be fine, and the O2 excessive use clause won't be a worry as the iPhone data usage is not all that great.

7. egraphixstudios macrumors 6502

egraphixstudios

Yes it will work absolutely fine.

I have the simplicty 20 plan with unlimited data plan bolt on. activates and works absolutely fine.

8. 4hundred4tyfour macrumors member

Yo,

I was just in the UK and had o2 pre-paid on my Australian Officially unlocked iPhone. It will definitely work as long as the phone is unlocked.

Werd.

9. matttye macrumors 601

Yeah it'll work fine, but there is a new tariff called O2 Text & Web that you might like... £10 top up for unlimited any network texts, £15 top up for unlimited texts + unlimited internet.. that way you would get your internet without it costing £7.50 as a bolt on. Not sure if it includes WiFi.

10. Tomb85 Guest

Tomb85

I did this when I gave my sister my iPhone 2G. It works like a charm. No wifi hotspots or visual voicemail though..

11. havenhamilton thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks everyone, this has been really helpful. This should result me not getting lost and actually being able to meet up with people! :)