Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zeasar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
Norn Iron
Hi guys, just got my Pay&Go iphone yesterday and its going great.

Was playing with it and looked at O2's site for those service numbers, tried the check balance service where I send a sms with text "balance" to 20202.

And the replied sms read: "you have an unlimited allowance with o2 web and wifi. this is due to expire on 16oct."

I dont know which is true: 16 oct 2008 or 16 oct 2009. Which can only mean that I either get only 1 month's free web or 13 months' free web service.

Can any of you guys test it out and post your results here?

Thanks

zeasar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
Norn Iron
So I take it that it only happened to me? Maybe the sales person missed a step while activating my iphone and the sim, now I may have to do it manually over on O2's site... :confused:

sibruk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
UK+US
One way to find out... call and ask! There's a special department for iPhone customers:

From your iPhone - 2302 (25p per call for PAYG, free for contract customers)
From a landline - 0870 607 2302 (National rate)

I guess what's happening is that the message you're seeing does mean 16th October 2008 but that the promotional item will keep on getting added every month for the next 12 months. So next month it will say "until 16th November". I get the same thing on my T-Mobile Mobile Broadband contract. On the bill it looks like it's just there for a month, but in fact they are just showing the discount for that month. It's on every bill.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.