O2 PAYG Alert When Accessing Web with Zero Balance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lunadude, Jun 17, 2009.

1. lunadude macrumors newbie

ARGH!

Anyone else have this problem... im in my 12 months of free web and wifi, i have zero balance, the web still works fine, but its started displaying an alert everytime the network is accessed saying:

"O2: You need at least 17p calltime credit to access your mobile internet services. To top-up call 4444 free now. More info @ o2.co.uk/terms"

OMG its seriously every 5 minutes! its never done this before when i have had zero credit.

Even when the phone is on stand by, it makes the sms alert sound, buzzes, and says this.

The internet on my phone is working fine! just that i have zero balance!

Seems like the most redundant thing ever.

i phoned o2, they say there's nothing they can do, i have to top up.

the first woman i spoke to even said i shouldnt be able to access the internet on my phone without 17p. so i told her i had the free unlimited web and wifi bolt on and she still said it shouldnt allow me to access the web without credit.

I Mean COME ON O2.
    IMG_0099[1].PNG

HELP!!!!!!

2. lunadude thread starter macrumors newbie

3. lunadude thread starter macrumors newbie

Please Heeeelp, it would comfort me to know someone else has this problem too!!!!!! haha

4. leckie macrumors member

There's nothing you can do short of putting money on your phone. This is obviously in the terms and conditions of the offer.

5. lunadude thread starter macrumors newbie

Who would wright terms saying:

"if your balance reaches zero, you will still be able to access the internet for free on your phone but we will annoy the hell out of you with alerts until you give us some more money"

6. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

According to the terms it's not supposed to work at all without some credit, so what I say is, be glad it works at all? and top up.

7. fireplace macrumors member

8. lunadude thread starter macrumors newbie

yes of course I can, that's not the point. I know the message will go away when I top up. The point is: what a stupid thing. They should make an exception for PAYG iPhone customers.

It is literally every 3 mins it is buzzing with this alert and the thing that annoys me the most is o2 are saying "well just top up".

I shouldn't have to spend another £10 when I don't need it yet.

And it has NEVER done this before.