O2 PAYG Edge?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kee123, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Kee123 macrumors member

I realise this has been asked ALOT, but I've searched here and everywhere and I can't really find any up to date/working information on this.

I have a first gen iPhone with 2.2, unlocked and jailbroken. I've been using it unlocked with my O2 Pay as You Go SIM since Nov 07. I'm getting a bit fed up by the fact I have no EDGE/GPRS and only able to use certain things when I'm in a WiFi zone.

I was just wondering if there are any settings/things I need to do with O2 to allow me to use GPRS or EDGE or whatever the equivalent is for PAYG.

Thanks alot.

2. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

1) Is there EDGE coverage in your area? My bet is no, since O2 has very poor EDGE coverage.

2) If there's GPRS coverage in your area (there should be), then you can use that, provided that you purchase either the £7.50/mo "Mobile Web" bolt-on or the £10 "Web 'n WiFi" bolt-on. Once you do, you'll need to change the APN information to the correct settings for O2 PAYG.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

3. Kee123 thread starter macrumors member

Hi, thanks for the help.

Just one question about the Web n WiFi bolt-on. It says it's for the iPhone, but would that have to be a special iPhone PAYG SIM or would I be able to add the bolt-on to my current normal SIM?

4. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

You can add the bolt-on to any generic O2 PAYG SIM.