O2 post to work address?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dog299, Jul 4, 2008.

1. dog299 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

For what its worth i just spoke to someone in O2 upgrades.

We can only upgrade from the current iphone to the new one with O2.co.uk and he offered that they WILL dispatch to Work addresses! (a concern of mine):cool:

Also i see the Oxford St O2 store (one near Selfridges) has been kitted out for the Iphone 3G all reference to the old one have gone; looks empty without any handsets. They are opening in the morning (think he said 8:02am though might have been 7:02am)

2. sneeks macrumors 6502a

This will be a new system from o2 as they have always declined to deliver anywhere other than to the account holders address whenever I have upgraded.

3. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

well I hope it's true and will ask them to deliver it to my mums seen I won't be in till Saturday:cool:

4. dog299 thread starter macrumors regular

Well i rang the Upgrade number and i explained i was an exisiting Iphone customer with O2. I hope it holds true as if they deliver to my home address i will be lucky to see the phone again!

5. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Im am coming tothe conclusion that O2 know nothing or they know it all and are being funny with the info!

I have just been to two different stores in Edinburgh and one store tells me they will not be opening at an early time, 10am to be exact!

The other store tells me that i can come in and pick up the new iPhone on friday no probs.....

this totally contradicts your info on upgrades....

they are all laughing at us!

6. dog299 thread starter macrumors regular

Not sure if they are laughing more that a very strict few actually know what is going on. I honestly would be surprised if many of the stores know what is going more likely Monday will be the day that information is spread out etc; until then it guessing/rumor time!

7. Marky macrumors regular

Just posted this over in another thread but take with large pinch of salt of course!

Not confirmed by any means as it's only a readers report but Macworld.co.uk are confident enough to publish the following:

The revelations continue that from Monday 7 July customers will be able to pre-order the iPhone 3G online.

Customers who order online will be able to collect it instore on the 11th.

Customers who pre-order will receive a 'Welcome Pack' and a 'VIP ticket' (presumably to be able to jump the queue instore on the launch day).

If true this will be much better than being forced to wait in all day for a delivery etc. If a load of rubbish then............

I guess/hope we find out more on Monday.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipod-itunes/news/index.cfm?newsid=21905