O2 preparing in-Store displays

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DogcowUK, Oct 25, 2007.

1. DogcowUK macrumors member

Popped in to my local O2 store yesterday to find some work men installing the iPhone display, looks like a typical "Apple Store" type table.

The sales assistants seemed to know nothing really, no idea of plans for the 9th Nov apart from "there will be barriers set up outside for the queue" :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. ibanana macrumors 6502

would you mind telling us what city is this from ?
    i've popped in two O2 stores at lunch time in the city (london), sales have no clue about what will be going on ( "iphone ? ermmm...will be on sale the 9th of November at 8am since we open at 8am..") and no displays were installed :(

3. DogcowUK thread starter macrumors member

This was in the technology nerve centre that is... Birkenhead, Merseyside! :D

4. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

Mine has one of those :) I live in Horsham, West Sussex.

The blue thing the guy was holding is a flag/cloth that is blue, has an iCal logo with Nov 9 on it and says iPhone. The Wait Is Almost Over. - I want it so bad, but apparently there's another 'iPhone fanatic' who works at the shop who might steal it :(

It also has a plug thing with electrics to attatch an iPhone to but they don't have a display one atm :)

5. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

Already got one unlocked to Orange, had it for at least 1.5 months so i'm all happy! :D :D

6. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

I've always admired Apple's ability to act and influence other companies to act like a top secret CIA operation when it comes to product launch.

7. alFR macrumors 68020

lol, hope they're nailing them down.

8. ascender macrumors 68000

I wonder when/if the iPhone will be available to pre-order from O2 online or Apple then? Not long left now surely.

9. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

i remember jobs saying that he doesn't products to be pre-order-able (and this was in reference to the iphone) ... so i doubt you will be able to..

10. metoo6000 macrumors regular

This evening I saw exactly same table in the O2 shop in John Lewis Buchanan department shop. Even the woods over the table was same.

BTW, Glasgow apple store will close tomorrow at 4:00pm and re-open at 6:00pm to launch Leopard. Sweeet....

14 days and 22 hours to go!!! :D

11. ascender macrumors 68000

I never saw that, thanks for the info. Just asking because I'm with O2 Online at the moment and I know that once you're in with them you can't deal with the O2 stores for anything at all - upgrades, billing queries etc. So I'm not sure if I can just buy an off-the-shelf iPhone or not. I also assumed there would be some sort of pre-order for existing customers, I guess not.

12. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

well there isn't really a "Deal" with the iphone ... everyone pays the same price (as far as the actual phone goes).. So you should be able to go into the store, pick on up.. and then when you come home and activate it through itunes is when you'll choose if you already have an O2 plan that you want to upgrade, or if you want to start a new o2 plan...

13. sananda macrumors 68020

by "deal with" he means conduct business with.

14. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

sorry .. i'm not reading so well today :rolleyes:

either way, what i wrote is true, in that it doesn't matter where you buy the phone ... because you don't activate it until you get home to your computer.

15. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

O2 shop in Derby Square, Liverpool had no evidence at all of the forthcoming event at lunchtime today, but the rep confirmed that they would be selling it from 6.00 pm on the 9th.

I also asked about their returns policy and I was told 14 days even if not faulty.

16. danielforman macrumors regular

Went passed my local o2 store today in Boston, Lincolnshire and they had the iPhone display installed with the big banner in front saying "the wait is almost over" Made me happy as this is the first advertising I have seen apart from the pictures people have posted on here

17. sneeks macrumors 6502a

I'm also with o2 online and have been told that I can buy the iPhone from Apple, CPW or o2. There is no need to buy directly from o2 online.

I posted this o2 Glasgow Buchanan St picture earlier today in another thread.

[​IMG]

18. Roseyboy macrumors member