O2 Pricing, Tariffs & Pre-Ordering

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JDee, Jun 9, 2010.

1. JDee macrumors 6502a

Today Apple released some information on their web page for the new iPhone 4:

http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/index.html

Do you think we'll see preordering available on O2?

Think the tariffs will be the same, pay as you go release date, pricing etc...?

All signs is pointing that there will be no preorder for iPhone 4 even for pay monthly/business customers!

Any intel would be appreciated :)

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

I just hope PAYG is released the same time as Pay Monthly; I have a Simplicity contract because I'm not willing to pay the extortionate Pay Monthly costs. :cool:

3. visitormatt macrumors member

i too am a simplicity customer, and hope that the iphone 4 will be released PAYG on the same date. the link that is posted above under the 'how to upgrade' section suggests to me that this will be the case. any other users thoughts?

4. JDee thread starter macrumors 6502a

I really hope you can pre-order for contracts. Did O2 let customers preorder last year for the 3G S?

5. GeekOFComedy macrumors 6502a

I hope 02.ie Gets ours in july. Vodafone announced info coming soon. And I'm a paygo customer too. Yest I'm gonna spend €609 on a smart phone for only 50mb of data day to day but contracts suck. :(

6. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Yep, just saw that myself. It does look promising. I just hope there's a preorder, as I sold my 3GS and am now stuck on a bloody Samsung G600 until I get the 4G! :(

7. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Good evening all,

O2 should be releasing some more information about the release, fairly soon.
    All indications suggest that the Pay and Go(TM) iPhone release will be simultaneous with immediate availability upon launch of the awaited iPhone 4.

At this moment, we are facing unprecedented demands for the new iPhone, and are working to allocate stocks effectively, to ensure that demands are met fairly. However, we can assure you that customers will be served on a first come, first serve basis, as with previous launch events.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call our Customer Services hotline:

From your O2 mobile phone: 2302 (25p per call)
    From a landline: 0844 875 2302 (5p per minute).

Customer Services hours are as follows:
    Monday - Friday08:00 - 21:00
    Monday - Friday08:00 - 21:00
    Monday - Friday: 0800-2100
    Saturday: 0800-2000
    Sunday: 0800-1800

When calling our services, please ensure that you have your account number at hand, and possible identification. O2 is currently undergoing a shift in paradigm to enable our staff to efficiently serve our customers.

We wish you the best luck in purchasing the new Apple iPhone 4.