O2 - Question about cancelling online iPhone 3G order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mvp2206, Jul 10, 2008.

1. mvp2206 macrumors regular

mvp2206

I have placed an order on the O2 website, which is still saying "In Progress" and have not yet received any emails (although i do have an order number). I am considering trying my luck at an Apple/O2/CPW store on friday morning, but would i actually be able to get another iPhone. It says on the O2 website that customers are limited to 1 iPhone per customer - is that just in their shops, or across all of them?

Has anyone managed to cancel their online order at all?

Any advice would be great!

2. Kerching macrumors member

I am in the same position.

They even put the address in wrong and it is destined to go to my neighbour. I have tried to change it this morning as it only went 'in progress' last night after customer services had closed.

Anyway the short answer is you should get your phone tomorrow - the guy i spoke to said as it was in progress i would be getting one tomorrow definitely. This appears to be consistent with advice other have received.

3. mvp2206 thread starter macrumors regular

mvp2206

Looks like you were right! Just check My O2 and my order status has changed to Complete and i have a DHL number! Good Times!

May not be able to get the day off work tomorrow now and will probably miss the delivery - BAD TIMES!

4. sva macrumors regular

I think it calls for a sickie ;).

5. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

im so close to cancelling mine, i spoke to o2 and they said if you have ordered online, you cannot get one in store if you are using the same credit/debit card.

i ordered at 7.54am on monday, still haven't got the '3 emails' or texts

order still in progress and CS say they don't know anything

my card has been charged £59 though...

6. mvp2206 thread starter macrumors regular

mvp2206

I would hang in there! I too was also charged (before any confirmation) and never received a single email or text! As i ordered later than you i would think you had a pretty good chance of getting one! Fingers crossed for ya!!

7. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

spoke to them again just now

if your status was not updated by 10am today - you WILL NOT get it tomorrow

if they get more tomorrow you may get it on Saturday depending on your choice of delivery options

if not it will get Monday or later next week

you also cannot get one with the same credit card in store until you cancel your online one.