O2 Recycle How Low Will They Go?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wrkactjob, Jun 10, 2010.

1. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

My 3g is now only worth £178, twas £220 last week! Will it go down to .50p?

How low before you decide it's worth more to hang onto?

2. Deako macrumors 6502

I sold mine 3 weeks ago to O2recycle knowing this would happen. Managed to get £184.50 for my iPhone 3G 8GB. Just in time. The day after i sent mine in, the prices dropped through the floor. They have been continuing South since.

3. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

4. SOLLERBOY macrumors 6502a

I sent off for the free envelope on tuesday night. it's not arrived. I have some dust under the screen and the bezel is a bit scratched but other than that it's perfect.

Do they let you know how much they will send you before they do? I will have to live without a phone for 2 weeks. also if I send it back on Monday and it Gets their tuesday it will have been seven days so will I still get the old price or the new? will they let me get my phone back if the price is lower?

5. Deako macrumors 6502

I sent mine in special delivery. No way was i taking the chance with free uninsured delivery on such a valuable phone.

They will advise you once they receive and process the phone. They will tell you if they have had to take a % off for cosmetic damage/faults.

6. SOLLERBOY macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I am definitely gonna send it special delivery. What address do I send it to?? the freepost one????

7. Deako macrumors 6502

I sent to the Freepost address, but just took out the freepost reference on the label i made. I still included my Order reference on the address though. I sent mine in a box with some bubble wrap though, rather than the free envelope. I have had bad experiences before with mobile recycling and free envelopes. hth.

You also get the price from the time of the order being placed. This is guaranteed for 30 days iirc. It took me 7 days to get the payment into my bank account though. They had an issue with their BACS payment, which delayed things by 1 working day.