O2 Recycle (UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Libitina, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Libitina macrumors 6502

Libitina

I just 'sold' my ip4 32g to them for £281 (when I looked on Saturday it was £274, I wonder why it went up?). I have 2 weeks in which to send it back so if Apple don't make an announcement in that time I'll just keep it a bit longer.

I know I could probably get more on ebay but at least with o2 I know I'll get what I'm offered as they don't make deductions for cosmetic wear and tear like some of the other companies do. All they're bothered about is that it switches on and off.
    Did the same with my old 3g so that I could afford my ip4. Just had to make do with an awful replacement phone for a few weeks.

So, to any uk people wondering how they can afford the new iphone, this method is worth bearing in mind.
    Mazuma are currently offering £308 in Argos vouchers or £280 cash as an alternative to o2.

2. OMGwtfBBQwings macrumors regular

You could have got £400 on gumtree or eBay for a 32gb

I did this last year when I sold my 3G: I used a nokia 5310(my ol phone) for 3 weeks as a replacement and I HATED IT. I would never do that again.

This time I'll buy my iPhone 5 and then sell my iPhone 4 On eBay/gumtree.

Works out at about £100 for the new iphone every year

3. tomtom101 macrumors regular

I broke my iphone there last month - decided t owait it out until the iPhone 5 as i refuse to buy dated technology!! Cant wait to get all my contacts back :(

4. OMGwtfBBQwings macrumors regular

if you really need your contacts there is a way to do it.

you need to have backed it up beforehand. just sync it with windows addressbook or outlook and then go to the respective application you should should see it.

ive done this with windows address book and my contacts are both visible on my pc. as well iphone.

5. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

You could have got way more than £281 for a 32GB iPhone 4. My mate sold a HTC Sensation the other week for £390. You could easily have got £400 for it. Never sell it to second hand shops or those recycle your mobile companies. They always give you way less than current market value.

6. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

7. mubo macrumors regular

so what would a mint iPhone 4 32Gb be worth? I have taken it out of the box and not used or touched anything in the box apart from the phone, the box still has the plastic on it..:eek::eek: ?

8. gravityfall macrumors member

would the price offer from O2 go down if the phone had a cracked screen?