O2 removed thier 200mb fair-use limit from it's 'Unlimited Plan' - iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by razorianfly, Jun 27, 2008.

1. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

After researching the iPhone 3G, the plan I wish to enroll in for 18 months on July 11th and the value of data I will download, I came across this TUAW article.

With not personally handling the cost of a contract phone, on any network, for at least 2 years, I was unaware of this fair-use policy -
    luckily I don't use the internet on my SE K810i that often.

Has o2 entirely un-capped the 'unlimited' plans here in the UK?

If so, does anyone working for o2, or is involved, know whether this will apply to the o2 £35/month 'unlimited' data plan for the iPhone 3G this year?

I think it's about time mobile tarrifs got abit more attractive here in the UK.

Thanks,
    R-Fly

2. sneeks macrumors 6502a

Data on the iPhone tariffs is uncapped.

Standard phones on o2 with a data plan remain capped at 200mb per month.

3. razorianfly thread starter macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Thanks for the fast reply,

I envisaged racking up astronomical data charges. Not to be :cool:

R-Fly

4. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Not any more - O2 announced that they were removing the caps on everything a while back... if you check the T&C for the normal data plans they've removed the fair use clauses.

eg. for the Web bolt on it now says:
    "The Web Bolt On allows you unlimited use of Telefónica O2 UK Limited's Edge/GPRS/ 3G networks (as applicable to your handset), for personal internet use via your mobile phone."

There's the normal mention of restrictions to Streaming Video, P2P, VOIP, etc. but no caps any more.

AFAIK they're the only UK provider to do this.

5. Loopy65 macrumors 6502a

Loopy65

I think they removed the cap a while back but they do have what is viewed as 'acceptable use' altho it more or less appears to be uncapped ..

As far I'm aware the O2 Data package is the best in the world .. or do ATT do all you can eat data included? ..

Happy to be in the UK at this time at any rate!

Loopy

6. sjw macrumors regular

Seeing the plans that other countries are getting - I happen to COMPLETELY agree! Overall... I think UKers are getting fantastic deals (for once). Some of the plans surfacing (Canada, Norway) are obscene.