o2 second delivery of Iphone 16gb

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ori, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Ori macrumors 6502

Ok,

Just got home to find a DHL delivery card. I did a quick trace and funnily enough it's from o2. Checked the details online and it is indeed from o2 and then I checked my o2 account and there you go....one Iphone shipped out yesterday. Thing is, I have already upgraded on the 11th from carphone warehouse. I never ever got a confirmation email from the online ordering so upgraded on the day.

1 week after launch and I now have 2 Iphone 3G 16GB.

Do I do the decent thing and return it? Do I wait for a phonecall or anything like that?

I feel bad as I know so many people are waiting for this piece of kit.

2. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

Hold onto it and see what happens. They cant sign you up to 2 contracts because you only ever signed for one! Ive seen other threads around here where people have been sent phones and havent been asked to sign a contract or anything.

Just sit on it mate!(but not literally!)

3. Ori thread starter macrumors 6502

It's very tempting seeing as they are going for in excess of £600 on ebay at the moment. Very tempting.......

4. Mattwood macrumors member

Mattwood

Sign for it with something that is nothing like your signature, flog it on eBay, denie all knowledge :p

5. HeavenDivine macrumors member

Yes, put it on ebay 100%. you will get £600+ for it.

PS. I will give you £300 via paypal if you want?

6. Ori thread starter macrumors 6502

I got to be honest, I have no idea how much it costs to list something on ebay and what the fees involved are. I personally hate ebay!

7. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

So you got one from O2 and one via carphonewarehouse? If so that means you'll be on 2 x o2 contracts.

I have 2 x o2 contracts, one for my wife and one for me, both in my name

8. draperm25 macrumors regular

draperm25

i thought that if you ordered one online that ment that you were upgrading/renewing your iPhone contract, meaning only people on iphone contracts could upgrade online. that would mean that you have DIGITALY signed that contract, which is the same really as signing instore

9. Ori thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I upgraded my current Iphone contract on O2. CPW confirmed upgrade via their system. I think there was a cock up with o2 as they must have manually ordered it for me. I only have 1 o2 Iphone contract. I have only been charged once the £59 although I think another £59 will be on my next o2 bill.

10. Ori thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly, I tried to upgrade on the 9th and failed. So I upgraded in store at CPW. I didn't order a new contract from anyone. I just extended my current one.
    Either way, I wouldn't be surprised a few people end up for 2 iphones.

11. draperm25 macrumors regular

draperm25

ori, TBH, i would keep this phone that you had from the CPW (i think thats where you said it just come from) i would keep it for 3 Months. I know it sounds long but keep it for 3 months, and then if nobody contacts you from CPW or you dont get charged you can safely say, you have had the phone for FREE.

But by then there should be an unlock out for it and then you could sell it on ebay :D

edit: keep the phone from o2, just re-read your post