o2 shop on launch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cuscus666, Jun 20, 2010.

1. cuscus666 macrumors newbie

hi , im thinking bout goin to my local o2 store on thursday morning an hour prior to opening to get the iphone. Any one think its gona be busy?

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Are you a new customer? Forget it.
    Are you upgrading? Go for it.

It'll probably be busy either way.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

That fact that o2 are screwing people over this time plus it's upgrades only I think you'll be ok

4. twelve56 macrumors member

i phoned up my local o2 shop the other day and asked about selling on launch day etc, i also asked how many people were lining up outside last year, they said about 20 when the staff arrived and about 50 when they opened, i also asked if there was enough iphone 3gs to go around and they said no.

Do you know that o2 are only selling to existing customers, and will not be selling PAYG on the 24th.

5. Lynas macrumors newbie

Lynas

I think it's great they're stopping new customers for the time being. It'll stop 50% of people buying phones to flog on eBay at stupid prices.

It also means they're looking after their customers. It's also even better that they put a block on people post May 2010. Stops people just buying a contract to upgrade it early.

:D

Might not suit everyones desires, but for once, they're looking out for existing customers.

Apple stores are your best bet to buy one for use on Pay and Go.

6. cuscus666 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah im on 02 simplicity as my 8gb iphone 3g contract ran out in may , sold it n iv been strugging on with this gash £15 samsung wonder phone that does nothing lol

7. cuscus666 thread starter macrumors newbie

i just cant wait for the hd video and imovie , im a multimedia design student and do loads of video and editing on my mac with imovie and final cut but it would be good to do it all on the iphone 4

8. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

You might find the editing to be so inferior that you'll cry.

9. cuscus666 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah maybe, but its still handy, do you think theyl swap my sim for the micro there and then in the store on thursday morning?

10. shandyman Suspended

after the initial launch day sell out, anyone know when they start getting them back in stock again? i think the 3G was the following week.... but i could be wrong. i ask cos i'm out the country as of wednesday and back a week on thursday, was originally gonna order online, but since o2 have put a stop to that til mid july, i can't!

though i may just move to orange and order online when i'm abroad....