O2 sim with 12 months unlimited internet use

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Canoehq, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Canoehq macrumors newbie

I bought my 3G iphone and it came with an O2 PAYG sim which allows 12 months unlimited internet use.

Unfortunately, redundancy looms, so will need to sell my iPhone again, but I wanted to keep the sim to see if I can still use it in another phone (an XDA Hermes - Windows Mobile 6 3G smartphone) and continue with the remaining 10 months unlimited internet use for free.

Can anyone help me with the correct internet connection settings I need to use in the XDA with this iPhone O2 sim.......will they be exactly the same as they were in the O2 iPhone (vertigo, password etc) or were those settings just for that sim when it is used in an iPhone ?

........my worry is that if the settings need to change, then the remaining free unlimited internet use will suddenly stop !

Big thanks for any help you can give with this.

Cheers

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Settings should be the same as what is in the APN section of setting of your iPhone.

You are warned however that you're not supposed to use the free data and wifi in any phone other than the iPhone 3G, although.. I doubt O2 would do anything.

3. DYER macrumors 6502

these are o2's settings.
    if these don't work then i guess it wont work due to being an iphone sim
    O2 GPRS settings (WAP):
    Note: Different settings for contract and PAYG (Pay as you go)

Homepage: http://wap.o2.co.uk/
    APN address (contract): wap.o2.co.uk
    APN address (PAYG): payandgo.o2.co.uk
    Gateway (IP) address : 193.113.200.195
    Username : o2wap (contract) / payandgo (PAYG)
    Password: password
    Session type: Continuous / permanent
    Authentication: Normal
    Security: Off
    Port number: 8080

regards
    chris

4. cw2k7 macrumors member

Someone from O2 mentioned in a previous thread that O2 are clamping down on this and will be disabling the wifi addon when they detect it being used with a non iphone IMEI.

5. emailtaj macrumors newbie

o2 free wii fii and web i phone bolt on

Hi,
    i using O2 PAYG since last 15 month, 2 month ago bought one free iphone PAYG sim and change/shift my old number to that sim, for 6 week its work fine, i am using web/internet for free on my PAYG mobile phone, last week i buy £98.00 samsung g900 to use internet in 3g speed, but today i receive sms from O2-UNLIMITED WEB AND WI FI IS FOR USE ON YOUR IPHONE ONLY. IF YOUR SIM IS NOT BEING USED ONLY IN IPHONE THEN WE WILL REMOVE THIS WITHIN NEXT 30 DAYS .
    now i am afraid what to do, already spend £20 on sim and £97 on new mobile handset and got bit addicted to mobile internet as well in 6 week.
    will they stop free web/wi fii bolt on?