o2 stopped selling???????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fattywall, Jul 13, 2008.

1. fattywall macrumors newbie

My dad was in an o2 store today and for some reason (still not known) everyone that was waiting for an iphone (any size/colour) was told that they weren't allowed to continue selling them???? even one guy who was just about to pay for his was told that they couldn't sell it too him??

Has anyone else heard of this today? (sunday 13th) just wondered whether or not it's countrywide or just that particular store?

2. mofei1 macrumors regular

i walked past my local o2 shop yesterday and they had a notice up saying due to technical problems, they were unable to sell iphones. dont know if its the same elsewhere

3. zeasar macrumors regular

zeasar

4. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

This could just be O2 trying to cause mass hysteria. ;)

R-Fly

5. stimpled0rf macrumors newbie

6. mofei1 macrumors regular

na, i have my iphone 3g since friday, managed to preorder from CPW on monday :cool:

7. pauld macrumors regular

A rep from the Regent Street Apple store told me that Apple had exclusive use of the O2 sign-up system for yesterday at least. Perhaps since O2 made such a balls-up of the process? If you want something done right...

8. beast macrumors member

I spoke to an O2 rep today.... due to some stores having large backlogs of paper contracts, they need to clear and enter existing orders before they can process new ones.

9. yogamonkey macrumors 6502

yogamonkey

This says everything I need to know about the experience of buying an iPhone on launch day.

[​IMG]

10. bobbba macrumors regular

11. emdotdee macrumors regular

emdotdee

yogamonkey.... where did you get that iPhone availability thing from???

I checked on the apple site but couldn't find anything.

12. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

So now mass hysteria is worth more than good old fashioned profits? Can't see it myself.. :rolleyes: Although I would agree that iPhone hysteria is way out of control generally..

13. bilbo--baggins macrumors 6502a

This is the same story I got today - makes me quite angry really. I was third in the queue on Friday morning but because their system was down I couldn't upgrade. They hung on to my iPhone and when I called on Saturday it was still down. Today I was told the system was down, but when I enquired further I was told actually the systems are working fine but someone at O2 had sent the stores a memo telling them they must not do any upgrades.

I have to wait until the backlog of paperwork is processed before I can get my upgrade - even though I was one of the first in the queue.

O2 really don't understand the concept of first come first served.