O2 stores trafford close temporarely!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nickb, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Nickb macrumors regular

just walked passed an o2 store in trafford centre and there was a guy stood outside with the shutters half way down. I asked him what was going on n he said all o2 shops have been told to close for a short period of time

I said to him 'your getting stock arny you!' he said 'I don't know'

He's lieing!! I'm going back in an hour to find out!

2. zeasar macrumors regular

zeasar

They must be preparing for the launch of PAYG options!!!11!

/hysteria

3. stimpled0rf macrumors newbie

seems a bit crazy for every o2 store to close, can anyone else confirm this? I'm desperately trying to find out when stores get new stock in over here in N.Ireland with tomorrow being a bank holiday :(

4. byron_hinson macrumors 6502

Short period? Most of them shut at 4/5 on a Sunday anyway!

5. zeasar macrumors regular

zeasar

Im in N.I here, the guy i spoke to at O2 says new stocks coming Thursday.

6. stimpled0rf macrumors newbie

ah fantastic thank you ! i haven't been able to get a day off anyone in the o2 shops near me but if i hear any different i'll let you know :)

7. steve5424 macrumors member

I was in Glasgow and walked past 2 O2 stores at 3.30 and they were shut one had shutters down the other had staff locking the doors. There was a sign on the door but I didn't read it.

The Apple store was still open and they had 8 iMacs being used to activate iPhones. well it looked like 4 to process the stock and the other 4 had itunes open to activate the iphones. good idea.

8. Nickb thread starter macrumors regular

I went back an hour later last night after my cinema visit and asked a security guard why they shut - he said they had a system failure and they have to close the store.

im not sure this is the truth though cos why would you close the store just cos the comps had gone down, they didnt do that fri, so why now......

suspect!!

i think they are drip feeding all of us to keep the hype of the phone - and to be fair it is working, but its also very annoying

9. sibruk macrumors 6502a

They probably just gave their staff some time off on Sunday to compensate them for having to go in early on Friday.

...And to avoid having to pay them overtime.

"If anyone asks, tell them we've had a system failure - they'll believe that."