O2 Tariffs for iPhone....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MyAppleWorld, Sep 18, 2007.

1. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

http://shop.o2.co.uk/promo/iphonetariffs

These are so awful!

Let's take for example the £45 offer (600 mins, 500 text, unlimited 1400 pages per day data)

Thats £269 for the phone, plus £45 per month for 18 months

thats a whopping £1079 total (or average £59.94 per month)

T-mobile offer the N95 for £42 on a similar deal.

2. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

35 pound one is lame, but hte 45 isnt so bad.

3. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

basically O2 are charging £20 per month for the unlimited data, since 600mins and 1000 text can be had for £25 on simonly

4. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Overpriced. I mean come on, O2 is a pretty poor network (in terms of quality, performance, coverage) compared to rivals like Vodafone. That pricing is silly.

Prepay? I can't get on the O2 site at the moment, it's going too slow.

5. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Having to fork out 269 for the phone and pay a monthly thing, which is a minimum of 35 a month for 18 months, and NOT 12 months is ridiculous. As much as I want an iPhone, I'd rather just stick with my iPod touch and speak to Carphone Warehouse now to close my deal on a new Blackberry.

6. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

No iPhone for me... the prices are ridiculous!

I'm currently on O2, my contract is up for renewal or upgrade on 31st October... but I'm getting 500 mins, 500 text, for £20.00 per month.
    That's the sort of tariff I'm looking for.

:DThis month I have 2000min, 800text, 500kb of mobile internet data. - THANK GOD for ROLLOVER!

Now only if i could talk 02 into giving me the same deal?...

7. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

I was on that O2 online 500 tarriff (old tariff with 08's free)

RRP is £35 per month

I had it for £20 per month as part of retentions but it was only for 12 months - then they put it back up to £35

and since they have now removed 08's numbers for ALL tariffs, you're better off with the newer tarriffs

8. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

9. rayward macrumors 68000

Wow! Deja vu! This is exactly the same thread that we saw 100 times over regarding iPhone and AT&T. They still sold a million of 'em in 2 months.

10. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

Unlucky guys,

I think what I did was the best, got an iPhone from America for £300, unlocked it here - Got my Orange network, which i Pay £18 a month 600 anytime/any network minutes, plus UNLIMITED TEXTS + UNLIMITED DATA.

So i'm more than happy + I got an iPhone before everyone else :D :D

11. Cattywampus_ macrumors 6502a

How you get all that for 18 quid a month?

12. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Those kinds of deals aren't unusual. Ignore the headline price.. when your contract is up threaten to leave and you'll get put through to retentions. Depending on your usage (higher usage -> better deal) they'll slash the price of the tariffs.

I know a guy who uses his phone a lot and runs up big bills. They were so desparate to keep him last time they put him on the top tier deal - the one that even employees don't get - 1000 minutes, free phone, £free/month.

I nearly fainted when I heard that..

13. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

The comparable cost of ownership for the people who bought a similar rate plan upon release here in the US wasn't much better:

$599 (phone) $80 (rate plan - 900 minutes, 200 SMS, unlimited data) x 24 months = $2519

Even if you only calculate 18 months to keep it even (though US customers HAD to sign up for 2 years), you're talking $2039, very much in-line with your UK example.

And remember, people were skiiping work and fighting for them over here.

And don't feed me the "European market is more sophisticated" line. They'll be doing the same there to get their hands on the little touch screened cutie.

14. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I dont know what all the complaining is about. My Iphone experiance here in the US is going to cost me about $2500 over two years($80 a month plus cost of the phone) so it seems to me you got a deal.:D

15. Juntao macrumors newbie

Issue!

Guys,

I am on o2: £50 - 1200 mins x network anytime, 500 text/mms/emails, free calls x network anytime saturdays, sundays and mondays!:D

I initially wanted the nokia n96, but o2 are not stocking it because of the exclusiveness of the iphone. If i go to the carphone warehouse and upgrade there they cannot give me the same tarrif! :mad:

So i called o2 to get the iphone, they said i cannot upgrade to the iphone if i wish to keep the same tarrif! :mad:

The best deal they could offer me to get the iphone is:

£60, 1200 mins, 500 texts, free calls only on sat and sun and no mondays!!:mad:

How f'd up is that!

I threatened to leave and they were happy to give me my pack code immediately! LOL i remember a network would try and persuade me to stay! lol