O2 to transfer my old number today! What time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by netdog, Nov 21, 2007.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

O2 promised last week to transfer my old Orange number to my iPhone today. Anybody have any idea about what time they generally do these PAC-code related transfers here in the UK?

2. thworple macrumors 6502

thworple

Oddly enough, my number is also transferring today, albeit from Vodafone.

The text I received from O2 regarding the switch suggests turning the iPhone on and off a few times during today to help speed the process, which they say can take up to 24 hours, so it could be anytime really.

3. Devil's Refugee macrumors 6502

My 'old' network number stopped working at around 14:30. There was a period of about 30-45 mins where both numbers (the temp iPhone O2 number and my old network number) were inactive. I switched the old phone off permanently then switched the iPhone on and off every 10 mins (apparently this helps 'push' the porting through...)
    Could receive and make calls after that.
    Texting takes a little while longer. I could receive texts by the early evening.

Full iPhone service (including Visual Voicemail) was available by 10am the next morning.

4. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

My transfer (from T-Mobile) took place on Monday. Things started to happen at about 4.00 pm and it was all finalised by about 8.00 pm.

For quite a while during the process I was still able to make outgoing calls on the iPhone but not able to receive calls.