O2 UK early upgrade offer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iNickk, Jun 10, 2010.

1. iNickk macrumors member

I have a question about the early upgrade offer. I have a 3GS at the mo, and have 7 months left of my contract. So if I buy it out, it'll cost me £140. ATM, I'm on a £35pm contract and will go for the same tariff when I do upgrade.

However, when I bought my 3GS, I paid £180 for the phone at the beginning of the contract for the handset. On the tariffs released today, there is no mention of such costs.

If I go for the early upgrade offer, will there be a charge for the handset?

2. photojonny macrumors member

Yes, you will definitely have to pay for a new handset, based on the new tariff you choose. You can of course sell your 3GS to fund the new handset price. The handset prices have not been announced yet.

Or you could sell your 3GS, buy a 4G on pay as you go, and then go onto a simplicity tariff in 7 months. This may be cheaper in the long run.

3. flipshot macrumors 6502a

They haven't released the handset costs yet. They seem to be releasing a thing each day. Upgrade offer yesterday, tariffs today so hopefully that means handset prices tomorrow.

You will have to pay for the handset on top of the upgrade offer though, but some of the higher monthly tariffs on the 24 months option may have free handsets.

4. iNickk thread starter macrumors member

Ah. I thought it was very cheap. It doesn't look so enticing now I have to pay another £200 or so on top of my £140. :/