O2 UK Internet Down... AGAIN???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by m477h3w, Apr 5, 2009.

1. m477h3w macrumors 6502

Anyone else? This is happening a bit too often for my liking :mad:

2. m477h3w thread starter macrumors 6502

Looks like posting this thread fixed the problem :rolleyes: Up and running again now... untill the next outage! :D

3. neil1980 macrumors 6502

Can't say I've ever had an outage with O2... though saying that It's connected to wifi at home so that's a decent chunk of time I wouldn't notice.

My only O2 issue was lack of 3g coverage where I live/work... could just about get edge at work though more often than not would be gprs. That was until I had a weeks holiday, I came back and found a full strength signal and 3G :D

Was a nice unexpected (though much needed) upgrade! :)

4. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

5. The Phazer macrumors 68030

I have all sorts of outages on a regular basis. I've seen some suggestions that their DNS server is knackered which is a significant part of the problems. Roll on being able to select a second APN so I could use Open DNS...

Phazer

6. slashjunior macrumors regular

Fine for me here and was fine all day yesterday.

Although at home I just use Wi-Fi instead. There are some problems with the O2 network in Chelmsford at the moment but apparently the guy in the O2 shop said they are aware of it and it should be fixed soon.

I just don't think the networks are designed for this. The iPhone has really been the first phone where people have started using the internet on a mass scale. As more people start using internet on phones the problems are only going to get worse unless they completely overhaul their networks. Rather than thinking like a phone company such as minutes and texts they should focus more on being a data provider, more like an ISP. People are going to continue using things such as IM, Facebook, VOIP more and more, so the phone carriers should start looking at it from that perspective and be pro-active and start fully utilising 3G for what it was designed for. High speed internet access on the go. It is like the ISPs blaming services like BBC iPlayer for people using to much bandwidth. Times are changing. You are giving us faster speeds so people are going to start watching high-quality video over the internet. They have really got to change with the times.

7. macgrl macrumors 65816

I don't think that I have ever not been able to use the internet on my iphone on o2, often I don't get 3g coverage but that is about it.

Glad it is working again for you though, it can be frustrating

8. m477h3w thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all the replies! I have been on O2 for the past 10 years, and have only had signal problems with the iPhone 3G, my original iPhone (Classic, whatever) never had any problems.

I have had the 3G since launch here in the UK, and had about three outages that lasted a day each. I live in Bristol so I'm not in the sticks!!!! When it has gone down before I have not been able to do anything with the internet, so no FB, emails or weather updates etc, and nothing works to bring it back (usual restoring etc.), I just have to wait it out. I know I am not alone as when it has happened before both Apple and O2 forums have been full of people moaning.

Anyway, this morning must have been a short outage so all is good :D

9. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

If you have trouble again, just cal O2 - they can tell you what's happening.