Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billyjoegibsonx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Hey guys, I'm currently a iPhone owner with o2's Text & Web tariff. £10 for unlimited texts/£15 for unlimited texts&web. I'll be getting the new iPhone when it comes out.

My first question is:
Can I transfer my number/tariff/credit to the sim card you get with the iPhone so I can get the years free data/wifi?

Second question is: If I can't do the above ^^^^ & I just kept my current sim card and put it in the new iphone will the web part of the txt&web tariff cover all the data? I read on o2s site that it was just GPRS data, but read on their forums that o2 customer service said it will cover EDGE/GPRS and 3g! Can anyone confirm this ?

I suppose if the new iPhone does go to micro-sim then the first option would be better.

mikechan1234

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
hey,
you can get all your stuff transferred onto the new sim card, when I went to buy my iphone 3G, I had everything transferred. I done this at an O2 store so I'm not sure you can do it at like a carphone warehouse or a phones4u.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.