Carrier O2 UK - iPhone X - Order & Dispatch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HIK213, Oct 28, 2017.

1. HIK213 macrumors newbie

Hi!

I’m aware there is a generic iPhone UK thread but I thought I make a specific thread for people like myself who pre ordered from O2.

So if there is any delays or changes in the status orders we can post them here

I was lucky enough to order and get confirmation email by 07:34.

I ordered a Space Grey iPhone X 256GB on the following tarif:

Upfront Cost: £120
    Monthly Cost: £80
    Data: 30GB
    Text: Unlimited
    Calls: Unlimited

My order is currently showing as “in progress” in my orders section.

2. Tantan2014 macrumors member

I ordered a iPhone X 256gb Space Grey and got a confirmation email at 7:37am - still showing as in progress.

3. HIK213 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hopefully they won’t mess it up like last year! Fingers crossed!

4. Tantan2014 macrumors member

What happened last year?

5. HIK213 thread starter macrumors newbie

I ordered around the same time last year (Black iPhone 7 Plus) and at the time of ordering it was showing to be delivered on launch day, however I didn’t get the phone till 3 weeks after and no one at O2 knew what stage my order was at until the night before it was dispatched

6. Tantan2014 macrumors member

Yikes. Hopefully that is not the case this year as I don't think I can wait longer than a week!!

7. greg1975 macrumors newbie

greg1975

iPhone X Space Grey 64GB ordered as upgrade. Confirmation email arrived 07:48. Showing as in progress. At no point in the upgrade process was I given an indication of delivery date. Just glad to get through the checkout without the credit card payment crashing like previous years.

8. Tantan2014 macrumors member

Did any of you get a delivery date with your confirmation emails? If Not, how do we find out when we can expect it? All it said was "order before 2nd November and deliver from 3rd November" when I was processing the order. Key words being from 3rd November!! Which could mean any date!

9. catmonkey macrumors member

Hi all,

Ordered Silver 64gb with confirmation email at 7:32 - no dates whatsoever besides when running through the upgrade process seeing ‘order by nov 2nd . . . ‘ as above.

Their delivery estimates seemed to rise ‘live’ as time progressed so I’m personally confident that those with the from 3rd should receive on Friday.

When I upgraded via o2 to the 8 plus (I know I know, I wasn’t going to, it’s a problem - they make it too easy to pay off the phone and upgrade anytime) I didn’t receive any further information until Sept 21st when UKMail picked it up for launch day delivery on the 22nd.

I expect this to be the same, which is disappointing as other couriers seem to be able to give a delivery date in order confirmations/through their accounts pages.

10. greg1975 macrumors newbie

greg1975

Anyone had any change in O2 order status yet? Mine still says in progress. My iPhone X leather case in cosmos blue has arrived from Apple so I am ready for my phone, fingers crossed for Friday.

11. catmonkey macrumors member

Seconds before the notification for your post I checked Myo2 and I now have a tracking number and dispatch date of today.

It says the courier is Parceline (DPD i think) - this just got REALLY interesting.

12. greg1975 macrumors newbie

greg1975

Hope I get the same soon then I see my email order confirmation was a few minutes later than yours.

13. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

Had this issue with O2 last year which made me decide to sack them off and go direct to Apple on the upgrade program. I pre-ordered a silver 256GB 7 Plus at 08:01 on pre-order day and a week after launch they still couldn't tell me when I'd get a phone. However my brother ordered the exact same handset at about 16:30-17:00 on pre-order day, and his arrived on launch day. Their web chat support people were talking all kinds of trash, saying they were doing people favours and putting them on some BS fictional "priority list" etc etc. Shocking!

14. catmonkey macrumors member

It’s now showing in my DPD app as them ‘expecting my parcel shortly’, doesn’t confirm a delivery date but does allow me to ‘change’ my delivery date to Thursday, Friday and into next week.

I reckon when they receive it the tracking will change to on hold until Friday.

O2 really need to improve their systems, mostly in terms of at least confirming an estimated delivery date in the order emails! They must know otherwise they wouldn’t be able to estimate delivery dates when browsing their online store!

15. greg1975 macrumors newbie

greg1975

Still nothing on My O2 website or in the My O2 app for me. I hate waiting for anything, don't know why I put myself through this.

16. HIK213 thread starter macrumors newbie

Quite a few people on the O2 forums are saying they are seeing tracking numbers for their orders!

Fingers crossed!

17. catmonkey macrumors member

My DPD tracking is showing as delivery tomorrow between 06:00 and 22:00, should get hour slot in the morning.

Still annoyed at o2 and all carriers really for their lack of information.

18. bedders macrumors newbie

i got a email around 9:30 Your order is being processed can anyone tell from that if i am going to have a month or something to wait to here or get a dispatch email with a tracking number from o2

19. catmonkey macrumors member

When did you order? All o2 say is your estimated delivery timeframe is what is presented on o2’s website at the time of purchase/upgrade.

If you log into Myo2 it will show you your current orders and if they are processing or if it has been dispatched.

20. bedders macrumors newbie

i cant get the cod because o2 text it to you and i sold my old phone i have the sim but no phone to put it into
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2017 ---
    sorry code
    i cant see anything about orders on the website anywhere
    i log in go to my account it wants to make sure its me so i have to confirm code which would go to my i phone i sold that i cant get a code is ther anther way

21. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

My o2 order, silver 256 which was ordered at 10am on pre order day has been dispatched. Not bad considering they say up 3 weeks...