O2 Uk on iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by trademark2k6, Jul 31, 2009.

1. trademark2k6 macrumors newbie

the iphone in the uk needs a iphone persific o2 sim right? so if i take out my previous sim out of my n95 it wont work on an iphone?
    and what if its unlockd and jailbroken?

its just that i like my contract im currently on and i want to use that sim on my iphone.

2. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

I imagine you should be fine. O2 gives iPhone users a SPECIFIC SIM card, but if the phone is unlocked already then it should be ok to pop any SIM card in.

p.s: I don't mean to be an ass, as I'm happy to help, but if I can take a few minutes out of my day to help you, then I'm sure you can take the time to type properly and not make words up (see: 'persific').

3. trademark2k6 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply. i just phoned o2 and they said theres nooooooooo way that i can use my contract and sim i have now on an iphone. they said iv got to buy out my current o2 contract and start a fresh o2 iphone contract.
    is this true? or is it possible by unlocking a iphone?

4. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

No it's not true.

Step 1. Just try the SIM in the iPhone and see if it works. If it doesn't, go to step 2.

Step 2. Depending what model iPhone and what computer you are using, choose the correct tutorial here on how to unlock it:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entries/index.php?caid=2&scid=11&seid=1

Step 3. Follow the tutorial carefully.

(I am assuming that you have an iPhone now and don't need to buy one from O2)