O2-UK simplicity tariff quick note

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrispoole, Jun 16, 2010.

1. chrispoole macrumors newbie

I have looked but couldn't find this information elsewhere in these forums (though the threads are huge, so it could well be there, buried).

I was on iPhone contract, paying the rollover amount of £35/month, no longer bound to the contract.

I phoned up, and it took 5 minutes to transfer to a simplicity 12 month contract, at £15/month.

The website advertises 500MB data usage, but (since I'm coming from an existing contract?), it's still unlimited for the 12 months.

I have pre-ordered iPhone 4 from Apple, so the microsim is all that remains. If you register interest on their website, they'll send you a microsim, which you can phone up and activate whenever.

Anyway, thought some may find this useful.

2. Red Bull macrumors member

Red Bull

I've just called up to go on Simplicity 20 from O2 45, and asked over and over again how much data was included - I was told it was unlimited full stop, and that the new iPhone tariff's capped at 500MB - 1GB don't come into effect until next Thursday.

Worth remembering. Also worth ringing up and speaking to different CS reps, as I rang yesterday to do the same thing and they were adamant I couldn't move to a Simplicity tariff until the new ones are available.

3. chrispoole thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, that could be right. The lady I spoke to didn't say whether it's because it's not the 24th yet, or whether it was because I'm coming from an existing contract.

Hopefully this is useful to some people. For me, the simplicity deal seems quite good. It's also cheaper to buy pay as you go, and get simplicity 12 month, than the usual pay monthly contract. If you can handle the larger initial outlay.