O2 UK - The 17p Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tpkabz, Feb 15, 2009.

1. tpkabz macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

So yesterday I bought the Web & WiFi Bolt On from O2. It is now up and running perfectly. The problem I have though, is that I am still getting this annoying message, stating that I need at least 17p in my balance to use the internet. It's a problem because everytime it pops up I have to dismiss it, and the phone doesn't make any sound to tell me its there. So as a result, the screen is lit up for a good few hours before I notice the message, and it drains my battery.

Does anyone know how to have this message automatically disappear after a certain amount of time? Or even better, get rid of the message altogether!

Thanks!!

[​IMG]

2. foxx0775 macrumors member

it looks like a network notification so a call to customer services can normally disable these kinda messages, like telling you your balance report after every call/text.

i assume its pay&go, if you bought the bolt on very recently then there can be some overlap on services. So your web&WiFi might be up and running but part of the system might think you need credit.. weird things can happen! just call cs.

i used to work at o2 until this year so hopefully this is still the case!

3. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

try this;

settings - general - network - cellular data network you get too boxes

apn payandgo.o2.co.uk
    username: vertigo
    password: password

if that don't work, reset your network settings.

4. SimonTheSoundMa macrumors 6502a

You do know you get this included for free for the first 12 months with the PAYG iPhone?

5. tpkabz thread starter macrumors newbie

Im still hanging on with an iPhone 2G, its unlocked and jailbroken on O2 PAYG