O2 Uk

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by santangelo, Mar 1, 2008.

1. santangelo macrumors regular

Hi

am on o2 uk and i cant get picture messages i have to login online to get them is this the way O2 works?

Cheers

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

As far as I'm aware it's a restriction of the iPhone, not o2. The iPhone at the moment doesn't support picture messages.

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

correct

4. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

Picture messages are MMS messages. And if you've read anything in this forum, it crops up quite alot!

5. Carnivor macrumors regular

Carnivor

its amazing how ppl wont let old technology drop, just cos everyone else is still left behind...:cool:

6. Radioman macrumors regular

Yes, and it's an absolute pain in the @rse! Amazes me that MMS was overlooked by Apple as, apart from being highly popular, MMS could be a source of revenue for them...

7. afd macrumors 6502a

8. Carnivor macrumors regular

Carnivor

i can only assume apple dropped / overlooked it, as an internet based device more than a cellular based device, i dunno, internet is free, sms, mms, calls you pay for.

9. BongoBanger macrumors 68000

BongoBanger

Oh come on. That's just silly.

10. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

i actually agree with him, mms is expensive, low quality and cant hold much data, email is the way, sure not everyone has email on a phone yet but they will have eventually, then sms and mms will be dead, the key is to have other geek friends with smart phones lol. seriously though i think that mms is a conscious decision not something overlooked and i would go hoping for a 3rd party solution after the sdk.

11. BongoBanger macrumors 68000

BongoBanger

I have an N95 which does both. It's far more convenient to shoot a photo and instantly send it to another 'phone number. I can also directly upload it to Flickr.

I agree that in the future it may be more convenient to send it by e-mail, but the great thing about MMS just now is it's compatible with the majority of phones on the market. To not have a desired feature that's going to be around for a good while yet is a bit silly.