O2 unlocking a jailbroken iphone 3G

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by acul100, Sep 2, 2011.

1. acul100 macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I have just bought an iPhone 3G off ebay, and it turns out that the phone is locked, despite the seller telling me otherwise. I have now unlocked the phone using redsn0w, although for some reason the phone is still locked to the 02 network. I have just applied to o2 to have the phone unlocked, and I was wondering if it matters that the phone has been jailbroken before? If it does, how would I go about reversing the jailbreak? I have been told to expect a text from o2 soon, telling me to complete the unlock by connecting to itunes. What should I do?

8GB iPhone 4.2.1

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

It won't matter at all. i've jailbroken my phone many times and got my phone unlocked by o2 a few months back. No issues.

3. acul100 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for this. So are you sure that I do not have to remove redsn0w for the unlock to work?

4. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I don't believe so.

I bought the phone from o2 myself though and didn't need to sync it with itunes. Although i can't say i've tried another sim as of yet as it was a just in case kind of move on my part.

Are you looking to keep the phone jailbroken as it will probably reverse the hack.

5. acul100 thread starter macrumors newbie

All I want is for the phone to work with my 3 sim card. I lost my own iphone, and so I bought a replacement, believing it to be unlocked. When I realised it wasn't, I jailbroke the phone, hoping that it would do the trick, but it didn't! However, the phone now reads o2 only sim cards, whereas it didn't before. So put £15 on the phone for the unlock, and I now wait in hope!

6. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Just had a look through my text messages and found it. you're right, needs to be connected to itunes but I have no doubt that it has worked fine. :)

[​IMG]