O2 Upgrade Choices, please help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bwfc0907, Jun 25, 2009.

1. bwfc0907 macrumors regular

Hi

I've a 16gb iPhone 3g which I've had since October 08 on an 18 month £35pm contract. What is the best way of upgrading to the new 3gS on O2.

I intend to sell my 3g, its jailbroken and unlocked and is using 3.0.

Will this be my best option if I can sell my 3G for around £300,

If I downgrade my contract today to £29 and then the day after pay it off and buy the 3GS.

How have you guys upgraded on O2 and let me have your thoughts on my idea.

2. lukeholl macrumors member

lukeholl

I bought a PAYG 16GB 3GS to replace my 3G which I sold for £240, meaning I only had to pay £200 myself.

It would have cost £200+ to buy myself out of contract, and then £180ish for the phone anyway. The total cost would have been pretty much the same either way, but I am now able to uprade as usual next year :D

I'm guessing it'd be pretty much the same for you. If it's the same sort of price to upgrade as PAYG, go with PAYG so you can upgrade next year.

3. Sebby macrumors 6502a

I'm in a similar position. I took out a contract in November 2008 and would love a 3G S. I suppose I could sell my 16GB 3G for about £300, but I'd want the 32GB 3G S, meaning an additional outlay of ~£230. I suppose that come next year when the next iPhone is out, I could sell the 3G S for about £300 (probably more), making all my money back. I'm even more tempted now. :D