O2 Voice Mail Setup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macfilm, Nov 29, 2007.

1. macfilm macrumors regular

Hi all, got my iPhone recently and want to set up my voice mail, but when I go to set it up it says you must make a password.
    The problem is that it shows number digits and letters (3 letters per number) on each button.....how am I supposed to know if what i'm typing is numbers or letters??

You know its like on other phones with buttons where you push say 4 twice to get "K" for example.

I'm sure this is no big issue but would like to know

2. alFR macrumors 68020

As far as I know it stores the password as numbers only, but you can type out a word by hitting the number that has each letter on e.g. to type apple you would hit 27753.

3. macfilm thread starter macrumors regular

I see. But how do you get to say the 2nd letter of the 3 letter button? cause it types from each push of the button. Will have to call O2 and see what they say, wudda thought this would have been quite a big issue

4. m477h3w macrumors 6502

I can see why you are getting confused here but there really is no problem to report. If you want your password to be 1234, then you type 1-2-3-4. If you want your password to be JOHN, then you type 5-6-4-6, as the 5 key contains the letter J, the 6 key contains the letter O, the 4 key contains the letter H, and the 6 key contains the letter N. It doesn't matter that you have actually typed JMGM. Does that make sense? I am sure this is the same with all phones (at least it is in my experience).

M

5. macfilm thread starter macrumors regular

lol ok yeah kinda makes sense! Makes me wonder why Apple didn't just have one number plate then push a button to get just letters, Identical to how you type a text message :confused:

6. calculus Guest

calculus

The password is actually just numerical. You can use the letters on the same keys as an easy way of remembering your password.