O2 wi fi charges while abroad...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mervman, Nov 29, 2007.

1. mervman macrumors newbie

I am a O2 iPhone user. I am on the £55 package.

Im going to NY at christmas so phone O2 to find out about international charges....The guy told me that if i use wi-fi in the US then O2 will charge me £7.50 per MB.

Did anyone know this was the case?

Can someone explain why O@ charge for me to use a wi-fi service when im not actually using any O2 services?

2. sananda macrumors 68020

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

You will not be charged for WiFi — except by the network you join. You will however be charged for any roaming you do on EDGE or GPRS…

These people at the other end of the telephone sometimes have got no clue!

4. skeen macrumors 6502

Evidently they don't know what WiFi is. But then again, how could you think you would get charged for WiFi? How could O2 possibly know about your WiFi usage...and why would they be in any way related to it?

5. mervman thread starter macrumors newbie

skeen i agree ....i didnt think i was to be charged for wi-fi.

The guy on the end of the phone was talking through the charges and said ill be charged for wi-fi at which point i stopped him and questioned him.

I asked why i would be charged for wi fi when the said wi fi internet has already been paid for? He reeled off some rubbish about being registered to O2 etc...

at which point i posted on here to double check this guy didnt know what he was on about!!

6. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

Make sure data roaming is set off...

Settings->General->Network->Data Roaming