O2 won't let me upgrade to iPhone - Business users cannot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jrober, Nov 9, 2007.

1. jrober macrumors regular

jrober

Hi,

Disappointed me here. I phoned O2 to double check if I can upgrade to an iPhone. My company provided phone is on a business contract and O2 will not lket business contracts have iPhones on their system. it is not a handset issue as I would buy the handset they will not let iPhone tarrifs work on a business contract.

They have no date for when this embargo will be lifted. Please let me know if you are a business user and O2 let you move to an iPhone. In the meantime I'll just wait and drool gently at the window.

John

2. BuxtonUK macrumors member

Sorry mate but that's been clearly written on their website ever since the info on the iPhone went on to the o2 site.

If you really can't wait you would have to take out a seperate contract but it seems you're willing to wait to see if they do change their minds over business contracts, wouldn't bank on it so don't hold your breath.

3. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

I thought that the iPhone was aimed at business users. Therefore I thought that they would be falling over themselves to businesses to sign up?

4. jrober thread starter macrumors regular

jrober

Suspect they don't want to cannibalise their Blackberry volumes.

5. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

Erm, what exactly made you think that?

6. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

no the iPhone is not aim at businss uses. It has a very long list of failing when it comes to that market. Big one is it can not read word files a long with many others. The blackberries are still strong in that market.

The iPhones target market is consumers

7. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

The fact that it has a share price utility built in on the home screen. I'm not saying that the only people that would want a quick view of the share prices would be business people but they must be a significant market of people that want share prices.