O2's data network really does suck

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daneoni, Aug 8, 2009.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I've been reliant on O2's 3G data network today and wow it REALLY sucks. It took me almost 6 minutes to get to this text entry box due to several failed attempts. YouTube also kept crashing. The only thing that worked was weather and mail and even those took a few seconds

Poor coverage, abysmal speeds and even when you manage to get 3G, everything is over compressed...just terrible. I didn't know it was this bad as i usually have access to Wi-Fi spots.

Now I know why my brother never bothered to upgrade his 2G...there really is no point. I hope other networks have superior infrastructure because as
    it stands O2 make a better broadband company than they do a mobile carrier IMHO

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Like all networks, it all depends where you live. It's always a good idea to check network coverage before signing up!

3. dazey macrumors 6502

yeah, not sure it is as bad as vodafone used to be but I am going to move back to orange in Jan on a sim only package. Its more the calls going straight to voicemail that annoys me.

4. mappyman macrumors regular

Phone up and complain to them. The freephone number is "2302".

Speak to their manager and tell them how bad their network is... they seem to think nothings wrong.

I got 1 days refund.

5. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

been slow today...it's day dependent, time, usage in area, etc.

6. podsonic macrumors member

I am fed up with the shockingly bad data service from O2, I am trying to work out how I move my iphone to a different carrier when O2 lose exclusivity in the UK

7. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

It's not too bad where I am, but that doesn't help you.

All networks have dodgy coverage spots, though. O2 is probably the best in that respect.

8. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

I did that, got a whole months refund, am going to hassle them regulary till they let me out of my contract. I put a vodafone sim in there yesterday, got full 3G coverage where o2 gets nothing/1-2 bars gprs.

9. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

So you just call them and complain and they'll most likely give a refund?