Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
UK
Morning!

So I waited outside of an O2 shop from 5:30 this morning for the iPhone 5 only to be told after 40 mins of being sat with a sales person that the £26 tariff wasn't loaded into the system!! The lady took my details and will ring me back when the tariff is live and she will hold my phone. I asked if maybe for my troubles I could have money off the phone etc and nothing!

Not to impressed :(

Anyone else had this same issue?

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Morning!

So I waited outside of an O2 shop from 5:30 this morning for the iPhone 5 only to be told after 40 mins of being sat with a sales person that the £26 tariff wasn't loaded into the system!! The lady took my details and will ring me back when the tariff is live and she will hold my phone. I asked if maybe for my troubles I could have money off the phone etc and nothing!

Not to impressed :(

Anyone else had this same issue?

Man that sucks ! :mad:

Did you manage to even take a look at your iPhone.

I would have insisted on my name being written on the box in permanent marker so it could not be mistakenly handed out to another buyer ! I would have also removed the plastic films and opened everyhing up so another buyer would be hesitant to accept it anyway !

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
UK
Man that sucks ! :mad:

Did you manage to even take a look at your iPhone.

I would have insisted on my name being written on the box in permanent marker so it could not be mistakenly handed out to another buyer ! I would have also removed the plastic films and opened everyhing up so another buyer would be hesitant to accept it anyway !

Haha yea we managed to talk nicely to the manager and they brought a phone out about 7:30 for us to play with :)

We got given cards with name etc on which was stuck to the box so should be ok. Just bummed I waited from 5:30 for nothing more than a pre order lol

LaunchpadBS

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008
iLondon/iDurban
I for one am amazed people still use O2, I was with them for 2 years long ago and had horrid service and was overcharged at every turn, moved over to three and never been happier, much cheaper, better signal and much more data!!!

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
UK
I for one am amazed people still use O2, I was with them for 2 years long ago and had horrid service and was overcharged at every turn, moved over to three and never been happier, much cheaper, better signal and much more data!!!

Wont get into a disagreement about it but i moved from O2 to Three for the data and have come back with my tail between my legs after 1 month! Signal was litter!

LaunchpadBS

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008
iLondon/iDurban
Wont get into a disagreement about it but i moved from O2 to Three for the data and have come back with my tail between my legs after 1 month! Signal was litter!

Hmmm where about are you? I'm in London and only get the very occasional black spot, but otherwise I'm always the one with signal while my friends cant even make calls.

I'm waiting for Everything Everywhere to come out, T-mobile have good signal but their pricing sucks, still better than O2 though.

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
UK
Hmmm where about are you? I'm in London and only get the very occasional black spot, but otherwise I'm always the one with signal while my friends cant even make calls.

I'm waiting for Everything Everywhere to come out, T-mobile have good signal but their pricing sucks, still better than O2 though.

I was in Plymouth and now in Bristol. Signal was fine outside but inside was nothing :confused:

You know that EE is the holding company for Orange and T-Mobile yeah? They aren't a new carrier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.