O2UK EDGE coverage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dunk the Lunk, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Dunk the Lunk macrumors regular

When O2 announced they were carrying the iphone they said they'd have about 30% EDGE coverage. Does anyone know what the present coverage is and/or what the roll out plan is for it? The map at the website (http://www.webmap.o2.co.uk/) only shows 2G/3G and HSPDA. I spend alot of time in more rural locations and if EDGE is not available in these locations i'm hesitant to buy an iphone. Cheers for any help.

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

If you in rural areas a lot of the time then ull prob not going to get very gd single at all!

I wouldnt let it stop you though! The iPhone is all about the internet in you pocket, but its a hell of a lot more too :)

3. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm thinking about getting an iPhone soon, and to be honest I don't trust the o2 people when asking about the 2.5G coverage.

That o2 map shows that I have full, high coverage. Just a bit up the road and it goes to standard. I'm hoping that "High" means I'll get a good EDGE connection.

And what's that about rural? I'm looking for coverage on the moors and hills and they have high coverage. People always get confused with that. Unbroken landscape with god knows how many towers on the horizon being used by so few people - it's the only place I get a full 100% signal on my current phone!

I hope it runs well. Using an iPhone up there is one of the bigger reasons I'd like one.