Oakley Cylinder Block Case - iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ducatiti, Aug 9, 2013.

1. ducatiti, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013

ducatiti macrumors 6502a

As an avid Oakley collector, I decided to try their iPhone 5 case. Coming from a Lifeproof Nuud case that has poor sound quality, audio and call, but I really liked the look. Now, I would think this Cylinder Block case is clearly my favorite. Best of all, it's Unobtanium =) !

My question is though for those who have this case, does the bottom holes have a gap as pictured below? I would think that this is because of my Zagg rear protector. Just wanted to ask if you have the same gap without the Zagg?

First of, with the problem, look at the hole for the port, it has a thin gap on the bottom of which dirt can come in?:

[​IMG]

Here are the rest of the pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

Looks the same as my Oakley cylinder block case, no back protector on mine.

3. ducatiti thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your input so to confirm, there is a small gap on the bottom when looking at the hole for the charging port and headphone jack as shown in the picture above?

So might as well leave my rear Zag protector considering dirt/grime will entering that mentioned hole.

4. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

Yes mine looks exactly as pictured above.

5. ducatiti thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok thanks again. Last question, do the sides of the case end up in an angle with the phone installed sort of like this?:

[​IMG]

6. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

Yes it does. At first I thought the phone wasn't completely installed in the case but it was all the way in. I think that's just the design of the case, either way it's an amazing looking case.