Oakley iPhone 4 case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by HE15MAN, Feb 1, 2011.

1. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

hmm...I'm a big Oakley fan but they make some of the ugliest cases around. This one is less ugly than previous cases but it's still ugly IMO.

2. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

its a unique looking case but if it is made of silicone there will be alot of flappy parts to that case

3. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

That is indeed ugly and seems like a recipe for lots of dust to collect on the back

4. adztaylor macrumors 68000

5. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

I actually don't mind the look, but am concerned about it being a lint magnet. If it is like any other all-silicone case out there, it will be tough to get in and out of pocket plus collect every possible piece of lint from the pocket.

6. iRuminate macrumors newbie

I've had this case for a couple months now.

I've owned the Apple bumper, Speck HD Pixelskin, Otterbox Commuter and Defender, all for my iPhone 4.

This case is NOT floppy. Oakley's Unobtanium material is just about the perfect material for an iphone case. More rigid than you might expect. Great protection. Perfect grip. Awesome fit - the case holds tight on the phone and doesn't surround much of the screen. Overall size over the phone is absolutely perfect, not too bulky and comfortable to talk with.

I'm obviously a case snob and this case is where I stopped. Sure, I'd rather have the back completey covered to resist some lint and whatnot, but it doesn't get too dirty between the lines. Besides, all you have to do is pull the case off (which is quite easy compared to some - Otterbox for instance) for a minute and slide the naked phone into your front pocket for a quick clean.

Oh, and judging from online pics, this same model will likely fit the Verizon version of the iPhone 4 because of the large opening for the mute switch. Which, by the way, is nice because you don't have to cram your fingers into a tiny cutout like the Apple bumper.

7. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I'm an Oakley fan. This case is definitely unique, but I'm not sure it's my style.

8. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Not really a big fan of the slits in the back, stuff good get in there and scratch the phone.

9. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Haven't been an oakley fan since high school....

I do still use one of their snowboarding jackets though.

10. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

11. scutts macrumors member

i LIKE. considering buying this.. Been lusting over Speck Toughskin but i think this one looks better. I'm just concerned about build quality.

12. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Oakley makes great sunglasses! Hopefully their iPhone case is high quality as well.

13. scutts macrumors member

I know! I like Oakley bags. My face is too wide for their sunglasses tho. I'd for sure rock one if it looked good on me but never in a million years...

14. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

use to be a huge Oakley fan, back in the day of Frogskins and Razors. I dont like that the arms go straight back and not curve around the back of the ear. Makes wearing a hat difficult, since the ends of the arm push above or below your hat.

Their cases are horrible, always so big and chunky looking.

15. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

ummm there are previous ones? Oh god... If your talkin bout the 3gs one I don't even think that ones that bad... but this one witht he cutouts in the bad is just hideous!

16. scutts macrumors member

hmm it seems like it's the cutouts that gets on a lot of people's nerves. i love the gasket case i bought from id america but a lot of people hated on it.. same for this oakley as well.

17. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. That is awful.

18. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Used to be a huge Oakley fan myself (specifically of Frogskins), but this.... yeesh. No.

19. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Yep, same here, huge Oakley fan for all of my riding apparel and goggles and stuff but their cases are ugly IMO.