Obama uses a MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macagain, Jul 14, 2011.

1. macagain macrumors regular

Photo: Reuters

filename implies iPad, but looks too big, no?

Attached Files:

2. Young Spade, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2011

Young Spade macrumors 68020

No that isn't, all MacBooks have a glowing Apple on the back silly

But yea, his first tweet was sent from that machine. Good stuff. I don't and probably will never use Twitter but that's pretty cool none-the-less; it's interesting that all "major" things (tv shows, recreational computers at events, and things like this) use MacBook Pros of some kind...that really says a lot about the image Apple products have.

3. ndonnine macrumors newbie

I wonder if he put that sticker on there, or did Apple do it for him? :p

4. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

5. DollFaceDork macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

So will this gain the pres all Mac users votes?

Hmmm.

6. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

absolutely not...

7. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

Yeah but the president can't directly be showing a logo like that. He's not at a coffeeshop he's on national TV and behind a thousand flashing cameras. I'll bet you anything it's an apple. Look at the lid and the curves around the edges.

8. ThomasBoss macrumors regular

I have noticed when watching TV, 95% of the time you will see a MacBook Pro or some kind of apple product....so no surprise here Obama uses one lol

9. AFPoster macrumors 65816

I hope this is sarcasm. Of course he can show off a Mac if he wanted to, he's the President he can do whatever he wants. Yes it's a Mac as well, the President wouldn't use a PoS device. Also I think this picture is hilarious since he said Apple sucked within his first 6 months of Presidency but all you see him using is an iPad and MacBook Pro all the time.

The sticker is put there by his PR people, mainly because they don't want to influence labels around people, especially when he tries to sway the "poor" people in the economy. He'd probably just get robbed by them, so making it seem like it could be anything is better than showing off Apple's amazing brand.

If you vote for this idiot because he has a Mac you'd be the dumbest person in the country. Then again everyone voted for him to prove they weren't racist, now in 2012 they better vote for someone else to prove they're not an idiot!

10. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

It wasn't sarcasm. Of course he can if he wants but if he did go flashing around logos it would be seen as unprofessional. He doesn't go flashing around what brand of watch he has or what brand of cigarettes he smokes. I don't really agree with this fact but it's just how America works I guess.

By showing the logo, it might sway people's opinions and voting habits as seen by the earlier post lol

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The beauty of America, the freedom of consumer choice (well at least in most markets); now in case you didn't know, most major events that have media coverage of some sort require you to cover up branding on what your bring; this could anything from asking you to wear clothing without big logos on them to covering up logos on products you use; so in this case the President is covering up the logo, because it's not really his choice. This is because advertisers pay big bucks to get their logos shown all over the place; can't have participants (in this case the President) and other folks undermining the marketing efforts of paid advertisers. It's not so he can't sway people and whatnot; if anything Apple is a very influential brand throughout; it's a representative of a powerful American brand.

12. iSavant macrumors regular

:eek:

srsly :confused:

13. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

Not a chance.

14. Young Spade macrumors 68020

I obviously know that, however, my comment didn't address advertisement or anything you just stated. Everyone knows this.

My comment hinted at the fact, or rather, the point I was making was, that no ****, what else would he use?

People should stop assuming and inferring meaning from others posts.

15. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Moved to community discussion with a new thread title.

16. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Michelle Bachmann FTW

17. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

That was a good joke :)

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

This man isn't getting re-elected

18. DollFaceDork macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

Haha.

I guess you guys will find out in November 2012.

Our PM probably doesn't know what a MacBook Pro is.

19. Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

20. quasinormal macrumors 6502a

Only freedom hating liberal Democrats use Macs. Any self respecting Republican wouldn't be seen dead with a Mac.

Mac + closed system = Communism