Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ollie N

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
Hi, I want to make a mac and phone app and i need to learn obgective-C What are some good books the only code i know is HTML It does not have to be a book just something that explains it and helps or a book like that. Thanks:D

mdeh

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2009
Hi, I want to make a mac and phone app and i need to learn obgective-C What are some good books the only code i know is HTML It does not have to be a book just something that explains it and helps or a book like that. Thanks:D

Just do a search on this forum. You will come up with a few hundred hits.

electroshock

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2009
The one book to get your feet wet would be Aaron Hillegass's very popular Cocoa Programming for MacOS X (3rd edition) book. It's really good.

mdeh

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2009
The one book to get your feet wet would be Aaron Hillegass's very popular Cocoa Programming for MacOS X (3rd edition) book. It's really good.

I would argue that Hillegass' book is *****not***** for beginners. But the thread above should help you.

GorillaPaws

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I would argue that Hillegass' book is *****not***** for beginners. But the thread above should help you.

I agree. You should start with Kochan. Hillegass is an excellent book, but won't make sense to you unless you have a solid understanding of Objective-C. As mdeh says, do a search and you'll find plenty of info about getting started.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.