Obliq Naked Shield w/ kickstand for 6s Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by skiltrip, Dec 10, 2015.

1. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I just got an Obliq Naked Shield case from Amazon today and I really like it. Not hard to put on or take off like some reviews state. It's a two layer case, but when putting it on I just treated it like a one layer case and snapped it on volume side first, top corner next, bottom corner last.

Not bulky at all. All clear version or a few different colors. I got the black one as I'm getting burned out on all clear cases. The back is still clear so it's all good. The kickstand is fantastic, made of metal, and snaps into place via a magnet.

The part that your hand comes into contact with is all Polycarbonate, but the inside bumper is a softer TPU. I don't find PC slippery, and it sort of sticks to my hands the same way smooth TPU does. I'd say grip is good depending one what you like.

Protection seems very good. I'd be comfortable dropping this from the typical 3-4 foot accidental drop.

Kickstand again is very nice, and is the reason I decided to give this case a try. I'm tired of looking around the lunch table at work for something to prop my phone against while watching YouTube or Netflix.

It looks really nice and feels good in the hand.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    If it matters, I bought this with my own money. It wasn't a free case in exchange for review deal. I have no horse in this race, I'm just pretty happy with the case. Here's some photos...

2. skiltrip thread starter macrumors 68030

Just noticed something that I very much do NOT like. The metal kickstand mechanism snaps into the polycarbonate back. There's no plastic between your iPhone and the metal mechanism. Normally, it's set in to the PC enough that it doesn't touch your phone, but taking off the case, I notice the mechanism pushed in a bit and one edge was raised inside the case, and was a little sharp. I've no doubt that over time that could easily mark up or possible scratch the iPhone.

Another do not like is the see-saw affect you get when its laying on a table and you press the home button. It rocks back and the top of the phone falls back to the desk.

After these couple observations I think this is going back. Shame, because it is real closing to being a great case all around.

3. Corgirat macrumors member

I have this case too and I love it!!! But im looking for portrait view kickstand now and I just wish someone would make a case just like this with a little tweak to the design so the phone can stand vertically... Have you seen anything like this?