Obnoxiously Loud Vibrate Mode

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockitdog, Jun 26, 2014.

1. rockitdog macrumors 68020

So I picked up a 5s from someone on CL and everything is great so far except for one thing. The vibrator is so obnoxiously loud and strong that it actually annoys me. Has anyone ever had an iPhone with a extra strong vibrator? (Not making a joke here!)

I wonder if Apple would replace this with a different one. I seriously couldn't take this device into a meeting because if it went off it would cause heads to turn, it's that loud.

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Since it is not a defect I doubt Apple would replace it, however, it is always worth a try.

3. emanwis macrumors newbie

While I don't believe it to be a defect, I wish my 5s vibrated more than it does. When I have it in my pocket, I rarely can tell when it is ringing in vibrate mode. I do not have a skinny jeans build, so usually loose clothing for me.:)

4. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Agree here....when its in my loose'ish jeans pocket i can miss texts at times. That said put it on a hard surface and the vibrating can make a bit of noise bouncing against it.

Might be worth the OP having a play with the custom vibration settings to make it less violent possibly.

5. Sym0 macrumors 6502

Sym0

I had two 5s, the first had a stuck pixel so returned it. It had a silent vibration, quite nice actually. But my replacement sounds like a horn! Very loud and aggressive. It's not even silent in a silent room. My wides 5 is much the same. The old 4 s I had was silent though.

6. rayniac macrumors newbie

I'd say both Iphone 4 and 5s buzzing at same volume level. It does get annoying though if you share an office with 3 others. I try to put my phone onto sth soft, so it's less loud

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I had a friend who had a iPhone that the vibrater would wake the dead. He took it to apple and they said that the vibration motor has come loose inside the case . They replaced his phone on the spot with a new one.