Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lenb

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2004
Leicester, UK
When my iPad Pro 11” is connected to 2020 Mac Mini via USB, and then OBS is launched on Mac, the time and date top left of iPad changes to ‘09:41 Tue 9 Jan’ - plus 3 ‘signal bars’ appear on right and charging sign disappears, (although it does continue to charge). This time and date etc remains the same no matter what time and date actually is. Only disappears when OBS on mac closed down. (Tried launching Ecamm Live and same happened).
I teach music and use ipad to share music scores etc for instruction and annotating)

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
When my iPad Pro 11” is connected to 2020 Mac Mini via USB, and then OBS is launched on Mac, the time and date top left of iPad changes to ‘09:41 Tue 9 Jan’ - plus 3 ‘signal bars’ appear on right and charging sign disappears, (although it does continue to charge). This time and date etc remains the same no matter what time and date actually is. Only disappears when OBS on mac closed down. (Tried launching Ecamm Live and same happened).
I teach music and use ipad to share music scores etc for instruction and annotating)
Have you considered just using the built-in screen recording option that's available with iPadOS?

lenb

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2004
Leicester, UK
Have you considered just using the built-in screen recording option that's available with iPadOS?
My Lessons are live over zoom and the iPad is a good way annotating music etc. I use different camera angles etc and try to make the lessons as professional as possible, so therefore have to use my Mac mini.
The problem I mentioned is more a nuisance than anything else and I was just wondering what was causing it and if anyone else had experienced it.
Incidentally it also happens if I plug my iPad Pro 12.9” (1st version) in as well, with the same date etc.

secretk

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2018
I might be wrong but the date that you see appear seems to be the default one for Apple when it comes to marketing. Isn't this the date and time when the first iPhone was presented by Steve Jobs? I don't know how to fix this bug as I do not own mac, but for me there is something going on here related to this date and hour.

lenb

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2004
Leicester, UK
I might be wrong but the date that you see appear seems to be the default one for Apple when it comes to marketing. Isn't this the date and time when the first iPhone was presented by Steve Jobs? I don't know how to fix this bug as I do not own mac, but for me there is something going on here related to this date and hour.
I must admit that the fact that it’s the same on different generation iPads, and also happens with OBS and Ecamm does suggest to me also it as an ’apple bug’.

Reactions: secretk
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.