Obscure problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Dannyshing27, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Dannyshing27 macrumors regular

Dannyshing27

Hello

My first ever apple computer a macbook A1181 early 2007 has been my pride and joy until lately.

At first I noticed that the moment the laptop was turned on the screen would light up and then go black, a few moment later I would get the apple logo then black again and the macbook would go to sleep. Upon pressing of the space bar the laptop would wake for a few seconds of screen time without backlight (the lid is open off).

Firstly I replaced the battery connector, which I understand is responsible for sleep control. This did not fix the issue

Secondly I replaced the logic board, which again did not fix the issue.

Upon replacing the logic board I noticed the battery had bulged and was no longer holding charge, so I placed it to one side.

The computer functions through an external display which allowed me to install insomniax, which I am lead to believe actually disables the sleep function in OSX. However despite it being disabled the computer still goes to sleep instantly. I have checked energy saver and all the settings are correct.

I have now reached the end of ideas apart from replacing the screen inverter, which I do not believe to be a problem as I have on occasion noted the screen to be functional

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

kind regards

2. Big Ron macrumors 6502

Big Ron

Can I ask the obvious: Have you re-installed Mac OSX?

Whenever I have been faced with logic defying problems, a re-install of the OS usually helps:apple: