Obsessed with Your Mac?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by HappyDude20, Apr 21, 2009.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I think I'm obsessed with my Mac, on all levels.

Instead of cranking out all my school work when I should be, I'm on the same Mac rearranging files, adding personal touches to icons, etc. Seeing what I want on the dock, what firefox add ons i want, what wallpaper i want, settings within system pref...etc...etc...

So, I'm simply wondering....if I'm alone?

I don't know why I do this, perhaps i'm just micro-managing deviating away from my work that needs to get done, but this happens all the time.

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I used to be like this, and still am once in a while, but the "honeymoon" period wears off after a while, and you realize you have more important things to worry about ;)

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

4. Santabean2000 macrumors 68000

Santabean2000

Strange, but I'm sure you're not alone.

Seriously though, is this the best you've got to do?!:confused:

5. tayloralmond macrumors 6502

You definitely aren't alone on this one. I still find myself excited just to find fun tweaks I can do with OS-X that make my MacBook a little different. My friends give me crap for it, but I don't care...I love my Mac lol :D

6. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Not alone man. It's my favourite way to procrastinate. I take an hour out of every day to walk to my other parent's house to collect the laptop after school and take it home, because I couldn't live without it (at the moment anyway xD)

7. waremaster macrumors 6502

You are one of us... There is a support group for that it's called Mac Anon. We meet on Wednesdays. J/K

But yes most of us do that kind of thing to some degree at first.

8. Prekesh macrumors regular

Prekesh

I think i also do this, from time to time i tend to change the dock theme, dock icons, system theme/fonts and other icons. When i should be doing some work :p

this usually happens in classes.

9. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

Oh yes, it definitely happens to me too... For example, I just wanted a nice looking icon for my Boot Camp partition, and I just had to make one myself!

Attached Files:

10. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

You're new to the Macintosh world aren't you?

I was like that for the first.... 2-4 months I had my MacBook but now I am like, "It is just a machine". ;)