Obvious question, maybe?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by theman, Feb 15, 2008.

1. theman macrumors 6502a

Ok, the iPod touch is my first ipod ever, so bear with me.

Is there any way I can get it to go to the next album, instead of repeating back to the beginning of the album after it finishes the last song? In iTunes it just goes to the next album...

2. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

When you select an album to play, go into the album cover view. If the slider bar isn't showing at the top of the album cover, touch the screen right below the name of the song playing. This brings up the progress slider bar. To the immediate left of the bar are two arrows formed into an oval shape. It will be white in color. Touch that oval once and it turns blue. This means the album will repeat when it's finished. If you touch the oval a second time, It will stay blue and a small "1" will appear on it. This means that the song currently playing will repeat. Touching the oval a third time cancels the repeat function and it turns white again.

3. theman thread starter macrumors 6502a

oh man, thanks. i never noticed that little thing before!

4. BassistKing1 macrumors member

srry, not trying to jack ur thread, but i have a question about albums too. is there any way to make the list of an artist go by alphabetical albums instead of alphabetical songs? like when u select an artist, and it goes into all the albums, or u can go to all songs, and the songs will show up in alphabetical order. is there any way to make them show up in the order they are on the album, and have all the albums of that artist in there, and not just shuffling all songs? cuz it was like that on my old ipod (1st gen nano) but not on my touch :/

5. theman thread starter macrumors 6502a

i'm not understanding the difference between what you're describing and the normal listed by album view...

6. theman thread starter macrumors 6502a

i just tried this. instead of just going to the next album, it just stops. i wanted it to go to the next album. guess its not possible.

7. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

If i understand correctly, you are saying that you want to play through an album, then when that album is finished, to go directly into the next album, and after that, into the next one in line.

This really seems wierd to me. Is there something special about the way your albums are ordered that makes this method desirable? After all, what's the big deal with simply selecting a different album when your currently playinf album end? It takes maybe 3-5 seconds. Unless it's your last day on death row that amount of time shouldn't be a burden.

8. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

Make a playlist and copy all your music into this playlist.
    Sync
    Now it should play through the albums consecutively from this playlist.