Occasionally flickering screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sim667, Jul 17, 2015.

1. sim667 macrumors 65816

So my 2011 Macbook pro has got an occasional flickering screen, which I've read is usually traced back to one of the hardware components that heats up and cools down a lot during usage.

Is there any way to backup my theory before getting quotes to get the wrong thing repaired?

Its not the graphics card, its something else related to the screen which I've forgotten the name of.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Do you have a picture of the screen issue? If it's the 15" model then it's more than likely it'll be the graphics card. If that's the case then you can get it repaired free-of-charge.

If you'd be happy to supply a photograph it should at least help us confirm what the problem could be.

Speak with you soon!

3. sim667 thread starter macrumors 65816

Its a 13 inch 2011 so not covered under the problem

It seems to be small areas of the screen scrambling, when the processor is under load, from what I can tell..... next time it happens I'll try and grab a picture.

Sorry, flickering was the wrong description. We used to use it for running Resolume, which would have been very intensive on the graphics system, so I've got a feeling thats worn it down :(